ActionMap Software Early Adopter Program
Rapidly acquire and deliver a powerful new consulting capability
I’m Jim Johnson, CxO of ActionMap Inc.
(x = I do it all.)
I am looking for people who want to broadly increase their ability to produce business and social value, using ActionMap software.
Might you be one of them?
What’s the deal?
The ActionMap Toolkit is a SaaS application for conducting fast-paced, high-engagement process-oriented online and in-person workshops.
I have social validation that I can use the software to rapidly and reliably deliver valuable consulting results, applied to a broad range of process-oriented needs.
I need social validation that other people can use ActionMap software to rapidly and reliably deliver valuable consulting results in those situations.
The purpose of the Early Adopter Program is to enable you to use the ActionMap application up to and including supporting actual business development and client engagements.
I hope to earn strong testimonials and case studies that I can publish as the social validation.
And I hope to help you expand your career skills, consulting practice and monetary rewards.
Table of Contents
■ What Are the Pain Points? (Your Clients’ Pain Points)
■ What is the ActionMap Solution?
■ Key Features of the Software
■ Overview of the Early Adopter Program
■ Limitations and Expectations
ActionMap’s solution is a software application, called the ActionMap® Toolkit™, for conducting online process-focused workshops that:
– rapidly create strong shared understanding
– among stakeholders
– of each others’
– tasks, values, ideas and plans.
This strong shared understanding can be applied to a broad range of purposes.
The software is based on a method proven in over 100 meetings including with several Fortune 500 companies. The software has been used in over 100 demonstrations and in over 40 live client meetings.
I used the method as a primary selling tool in closing $5M in consulting revenue in 12 months. Enabled in software the method much is faster and of course remote-compared to flip charts and white boards.
And the method can still be used on flip charts and white boards and other electronic tools.
The ActionMap Early Adopter program includes:
– A two-year subscription to the software
– Online self-training that takes under an hour to complete
– Up to six hours of free training and coaching (you may need only two)
– $98 fee, not charged for 90 days
– Money-back satisfaction guarantee for one year
– Early membership in a community forum for a cutting edge innovation
This Early Adopter program is delivered by Jim Johnson, Co-founder of ActionMap Inc., a small, highly virtual consultancy and software provider based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jim’s career includes over 40 years of:
– IT development, management, support and sales
– Tier 1 consulting business development and account management
– IT performance management and compliance
– Professional meeting facilitation.
Jim has a B.S. in Mathematics from Harvey Mudd College, where he served as student body president.
Jim works closely with:
– Anne Johnson, his co-founder, development partner and spouse
– An experienced offshore application development and support team
– Approximately 20 supporting SaaS applications (who can keep count?)
Jim and Anne developed the flip chart version of the method together over the course delivering dozens of client meetings.
Jim wrote the prototype of the software, managed and contributes to the development of the current commercial version, and manages the current development, application support and operation of the software.
Note: Jim sometimes uses “we” and “I” interchangeably.
For more details about Jim see his LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimjohnson
As described above, I have used the flip chart method and the software based on it in over 150 meetings, with organizations including these:
Again, during one year I closed deals worth $5M using the Toolkit method as a major early cycle sales tool.
The software is robust and fully functional (release 1.38). I have used the software in scores of demonstrations and in 40+ live engagements with non-profits and startups.
For more details on use cases see actionmap.com/testimonials.
Now getting really repetitious, I have social validation that I can use the software to produce strong results. I need social validation that other people can use the software to produce similar results.
So, the heart of the program will be people are (or aspire to be) visionary and innovator adopters.
You’ve heard of “Chasm Theory”? I’m at the far left.
I am looking to engage with “visionary” and “innovators” adopters, people who:
– can see the benefits (from demonstration and discussion) without needing broader user validation, and
– like to be on the cutting edge of innovation (for the challenge, stimulation and to be ahead of the curve in terms of value).
Who is this for (part 2 of 2)?
I think you are likely to be a successful and satisfied early adopter if you have a role and goals that are similar to these:
– You personally deliver process-oriented workshops and/or or manage staff who do, and you want to expand and improve both capacity and results.
– You are an experienced facilitator and you want to add to your process-oriented methods.
– You see the career-enhancing value of leading workshops and you want to add that to your skill set.
– You like to help people solve problems and improve their personal and organizational performance, and you want to extend your capabilities there.
Specific Job Areas
– Process-oriented independent or small group consultants who want to increase both revenue and client value delivery.
– Pre-Sales Reps and their managers who want to accelerate sales cycles.
– Business Analysts and Solutions Consultants and their managers who want to increase capacity and reduce backlog.
– Project Managers and their managers who want to increase success by reducing risk.
– Human Resource professionals and managers who see that promoting and applying process methods can support major HR goals.
– Consultants to non-profits who want to help their clients with organization, process improvement and strategy, to increase the client’s ability to secure funding, engage board members and volunteers, and expand service delivery.
– Startup founders who need to understand, acquire and/or develop a wide range of back-office and product-focused processes in a short amount of time.
A major obstacle in
getting to effective change action:
Lack of strong shared understanding
and alignment among stakeholders
Frustration and dissention from lack of strong shared understanding and alignment among stakeholders about:
– organizational processes and plans and
– each other’s concerns, ideas and interests with respect to those processes and plans.
Delays in benefits & reduced ROI resulting from the time required to create that strong understanding and alignment, typically involving long cycles of unproductive meetings.
Risks from going forward without that strong shared understanding and alignment.
Lost opportunity from delays in taking action while windows of opportunity close and stakeholder attention goes elsewhere.
Loss of motivation, interest and confidence from stakeholders and teams, from lack of progress on business, organization and technology initiatives, programs and projects.
The ActionMap Toolkit is a SaaS application for conducting fast-paced, high-engagement, high-impact online or in-person workshops focused on:
– rapidly creating strong detailed shared understanding and alignment among stakeholders about
– organizational processes and each other’s evaluations and ideas about those processes,
– leading to detailed “doable now” action plans.
Strong shared stakeholder understanding and alignment are critical to and can improve and accelerate results in a wide range of activities, including those shown here:
ActionMap’s goal is to produce these
Results in hours and days
instead of weeks and months.
Additional descriptions of the application are provided at actionmap.com/videos and support.actionmap.com.
The SaaS software is accessible anywhere by way of a web browser. It is shared with participants online in e-meetings, or in-person via overhead projector.
The application provides detailed step-by-step instructions for leading a group through a flexible, compact process improvement cycle.
The main activity for the software operator is as follows:
– The operator explains the steps of the method (explanations are built into each step).
– The software provides questions for each step of the method (the questions are built into each step).
– The operator asks the questions of the meeting participants.
– The participants contribute answers.
– The operator paraphrases and confirm the answers.
– The operator enters the answers into the application.
– The application formats and organizes the answers into process diagrams and a structured discussion-type format, for viewing by the participants (which may prompt further contributions from the participants.)
The workshops are fast-paced highly engaging. Using the software, I have captured, organized, formatted and cross-shared 1 item per minute for 90 minutes on a few occasions. For the engagement please see https://actionmap.com/testimonials.
No advance training is required for workshop participants. Only a few minutes introduction to the method is required before getting to work. This allows for fast, flexible scheduling.
No advance knowledge or expertise with respect to the content area is required by the software operator. This greatly expands the number of people who can make effective use of the software.
Results are output in PowerPoint and Excel and can be shared with other subscribers either through export/import or online sharing.
Additional information on where the application can be used, along with details on the software operation can be found at actionmap.com/videos and support.actionmap.com.
My goal is to support you in becoming an effective user of the software in live workshops, with actual groups working on real projects, in the range of activities and values both described here and any others that you might discover.
Introduction and launch
We meet to:
– discuss whether the program would be effective for you and
– review the program activities.
If we decide to go forward, we sign a two page letter of understanding, the usual stuff, and get started.
1) You receive a coupon sent to your preferred email address, which becomes your user ID. You use the coupon to signup through a third party billing service for a 2-year subscription to the software (a $196 value). The fee is $98 with a 90 day free trial before billing and full refund if not satisfied for one year. This payment is to confirm your initial commitment.
2) You go through the online self-training, which we have tested with 30 people to take 45 to 60 minutes. That teaches you the mechanics of the software (the training is open to view at support.actionmap.com)
3) You use the software to create a process model of a subject of your choice. (Examples at https://actionmap.zendesk.com/hc/en-
Personalized training and coaching Sessions – 60 to 90 minutes, six hours total
Six hours is to make sure you get it. Expect to need a solid 2. The rest depends on how much you play around and practice with the application. Scheduling is flexible; I share my calendar, you grab time. If you put time into learning, I’ll provide more time no charge.
4) We review the self-training and the work product you created in step 3). We dialog on increasing understanding of the method and software. (This can be done during the self-training if desired.)
5) We conduct a mock client workshop (I play the client). We discuss this as we go along. We can repeat this as needed.
6) Conversation/Coaching on how to introduce the tool into actual situations.
7) Conversation/Coaching on how to use the software in business development.
Again, simply stated, my goal is to help you earn money using the software.
Membership in the ActionMap Community Forum
Opportunity to get in early, become part of the ecosystem and broaden your use of the software. (The forum is at support.actionmap.com).
Your subscription gives you the ability to comment and dialog.
Meeting durations can vary. We can communicate via the forum, email or zoom. The focus is on what it takes to get you to where you are producing more and better results for your organization and clients.
– Using the software teaches you the method, which can be conducted on flip charts, white boards or in office automation tool, without needing the software.
– I can partner with you in business development and delivery of workshops with your clients, as an extension of the training and coaching.
With respect to the core value of strong shared understanding and alignment, people may:
– under-estimate the importance of it.
– take it for granted.
– think they have enough of it.
– accept the long cycles of meetings needed to create it.
– accept the risks of not having it.
With respect to the software’s method:
– The method and software are highly innovative. Most people do not “get it” until they see a demonstration, and then they get it within 10 minutes.
– Virtually everyone we show the software to says they’ve never seen anything like it before.
– People regularly ask if the software is project management, process modeling, collaboration, and several other categories. The best answer is “some of all of those, none completely of any of those.”
– Other products focus primarily on documentation that supports process change.
– ActionMap focuses primarily on dynamically creating the group understanding and alignment that is critical to process change, along with supporting documentation.
With respect to the software’s mechanics, people may feel that:
It’s too complicated.
– It will be for some people, until they see that other people can learn it.
– They won’t know until they try out the training.
The training takes too long.
– It’s not a smartphone app.
– However the payback will be in the first use: actionmap.com/ROI
The benefit does not appear to be worth the time and effort to learn the software:
– actionmap.com/testimonials, and
– That’s why we’re looking for visionaries and innovators.
This is a limited time offer. Costs and features will vary over time.
Personal training and coaching session times are limited to 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM US Pacific time and English language. There’s some wiggle room on the time if needed.
The current offer is limited to individuals, self-employed or within organizations, and small teams, not to large groups (however, everything is negotiable.)
My intent is that as long as you stick with the program goal, I’ll stick with you. I hope you would become part of a growing, dynamic online community.
My goal is to complete the training and coaching elements of the program within 60 days of program start.
I would like a testimonial for our website if you feel it is warranted. I am also looking for additional case studies, which can help promote your work.
Call to Action
If you would like to learn more, let’s have a conversation
to answer any questions you may have and hopefully decide to move forward.
In order to do that, please:
– schedule a conversation at actionmap.com/conversation
– contact me at actionmap.com/contact
– contact me via my LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimjohnson.
I hope to have a discussion with you; I learn from everyone!
ActionMap Help and Support Site
Self training and detailed descriptions of software operations
Videos showing software applications and operations
ActionMap Consultants Accelerator
How consultants can increase revenue and client value using ActionMap