Consultants and Management Coaches
Do you experience these issues?
– Constraints on your market from being perceived as specialized?
– Excessive lead times in developing new client relationships?
– Challenges in learning the client’s business in order to start adding value?
– Frustration that your advice to does not translate into improved operations?
Are the following goals of interest?
– Expand your process-related skills and services
– Gain a fast, effective business development tool
– Accelerate the discovery phase of client engagements
– Help clients develop stronger skills with process methods
Call to Action
ActionMap can deliver the above capabilities to your consulting practice within a few weeks.
We do this through our “process workshop in-a-box” software solution, the ActionMap Toolkit.
We believe that there is a large under-served market for delivering skills in process methods are related services to small and mid-cap businesses.
The capabilities provided by our solution can open that market for existing and new small business consultancies.
We are looking for partners to join us in serving that market.
We developed a highly repeatable, widely applicable, easy-to-use flipchart-based method for conducting high-energy process-focused workshops.
We have conducted over 100 of these workshops for organizations including those shown here:
These workshops can cover a wide range of process-focused activities, including the following:
(Please see our “Sample Engagements” menu above for a list of engagements and engagement details.)
With our software application, these workshops can be economically offered to small businesses across a wide range of geographies and industry sectors.
Great for business development too
We have also used the method as a business development tool, both for selling the workshops and for initiating large-scale Tier 1 Consulting engagements.
An Underserved Market = A Market Opportunity
We believe there is a large underserved market for providing process-related services to small businesses.
While skills with process methods can be beneficial to many small businesses, as currently offered most methods:
– are too complicated for small business needs
– are too costly to learn in terms of staff time and training fees
– require too much culture change for small business workplaces.
The value of having the method in software
The ActionMap Toolkit software application addresses the market for process services to small business with the following features:
– requires no advanced training for workshop participants,
– requires no advanced knowledge of client content for the workshop leader,
– includes step-by-step real-time guidance for leading a group session through a compact process improvement cycle,
– provides highly-automated process mapping, which reduces the need for graphic diagramming skills,
– features rapid capture and organization of structured discussion comments for faster-paced meetings,
– supports online delivery for flexible scheduling,
– is powerful enough to serve as an “on-ramp” to more comprehensive process approaches, e.g. Lean,
– is sufficiently nimble that it can add process review and improvement capabilities to standard business meetings.
Built-in methods training
In addition the application provides detailed training in how to use the method without the software, for example on flip charts or in office automation tools, for offline and informal situations.
An Ecosystem for Delivering
the Value of Process Methods
to Small Businesses
Who will deliver this process-based value to small businesses?
While the Toolkit is designed for use by small businesses themselves, in practical terms the services will be primarily delivered by people who have acquired experience in using the software.
The best people to address this market are small local consultancies (including small business coaches), because they:
– are familiar with the communities in which their clients operate,
– have subject matter expertise related to the client’s business, such as manufacturing, retail, finance and so on,
– are well-positioned to develop trusted-advisor relationships with small business owners.
How ActionMap can create value with small consultancies
We are developing an informal network of small consultancies who can:
– use the Toolkit themselves, to conduct workshops for their clients, and to achieve the goals at the top of this page,
– provide training in the Toolkit to their clients,
– refer clients to other network members, based on industry specialization and subject matter expertise, and
– collaborate on ideas for increasing process capabilities among their clients
ActionMap adds value to this network in the following ways:
– Provide, maintain and add to the software and the support and training materials
– Offer software subscriptions
– with discounts for early adopters.
– Provide training to consultants in the network
– currently at no charge, to jumpstart the network
– the initial free, online self-training to start using software takes about an hour
– Conduct initial client workshops with network members to accelerate training and use with the method
– Provide and support an online community around the software and its uses
– Create and deploy marketing materials to grow the network and attract small business clients to the network’s services.
More about ActionMap
More details about ActionMap can be found at these links:
The value to your small business clients:
Free training in how to get started with the ActionMap method
If you are interested…
If you are interested learning more about this opportunity to:
– add these services and capabilities to your consulting practice, and
– work with us in developing this network
please sign up for an initial 30-minute conversation at the link below. If you have 45 minutes or an hour, we can get into more detail.
Jim Johnson, ActionMap co-founder and principal consultant, brings over 30 years of experience to accelerating process change in business and technology, along with hundreds of experiences in leading high energy group meetings.