Consultants and Management Coaches
Do you experience these issues?
– Constraints on your market from being perceived as specialized?
– Excessive lead times in developing new client relationships?
– Long discovery cycles before value can be added?
– Lower than desired client adoption of recommendations?
Are the following goals of interest?
– Expand your process-related skills and services
– Gain a fast, effective business development tool
– Accelerate the discovery phase of client engagements
– Help clients increase the successful implementation of plans
Or even start a new consulting practice
ActionMap can deliver the above capabilities to your consulting practice
within a few weeks. (or days; it’s mostly a matter of scheduling,
meeting and practice.)
We do this through our software-as-a service application,
the ActionMap Toolkit, for conducting high-engagement, high-impact online process workshops, along with the training and documentation contained in the application.
We believe that there is a large under-served market for delivering consulting services based on process methods to small and mid-sized organizations.
The capabilities provided by ActionMap software can open that market for existing and new small business consultancies.
We seeks partners to work with us in serving that market.
We developed a highly repeatable, widely applicable, easy-to-use flipchart-based method for conducting high-energy process-focused workshops.
We have conducted over 100 of these workshops for organizations including those shown here:
These workshops can cover a wide range of process-focused activities, including the following:
(Please see our “Testimonials” menu above for testimonials and links to sample engagements and engagement details.)
Putting ActionMap into Software
We converted the method to software for conducting highly structured, high-engagement online meetings. The software provides real-time guidance through a compact process improvement cycle. Free online self-training takes about an hour; no training is required for meeting participants.
With our software application, the benefits of the ActionMap method can be economically offered to small businesses across a wide range of geographies and industry sectors
Great for business development too
We have also used the method in scores of early-sales-cycle meetings as a business development tool, both for selling the workshops and for initiating large-scale Tier 1 Consulting engagements
An Underserved Market = A Market Opportunity
We believe there is a large underserved market for providing process-related services to small businesses.
While skills with process methods can be beneficial to many small businesses, as currently offered most methods:
– are too complicated for small business needs
– are too costly to learn in terms of staff time and training fees
– require too much culture change for small business workplaces.
The value of having the method in software
The ActionMap Toolkit software application addresses the market for process services to small business with the following features:
– requires no advanced training for workshop participants,
– requires no advanced knowledge of client content for the workshop leader,
– includes step-by-step real-time guidance for leading a group session through a compact process improvement cycle,
– provides highly-automated process mapping, which reduces the need for graphic diagramming skills,
– features rapid capture and organization of structured discussion comments for faster-paced meetings,
– supports online delivery for flexible scheduling,
– is powerful enough to serve as an “on-ramp” to more comprehensive process approaches, e.g. Lean,
– is sufficiently nimble that it can add process review and improvement capabilities to standard business meetings.
Built-in methods training
In addition the application provides detailed training in how to use the method without the software, for example on flip charts or in office automation tools, for offline and informal situations.
ActionMap’s Partnering Goal
Our goal is to develop an online network/community of consultants and coaches who have the capability to:
– Use ActionMap themselves, to conduct workshops for their clients, and to achieve the goals at the top of this page
– provide training in the ActionMap Toolkit software to their clients,
– refer clients to other community members, based on industry specialization and subject matter expertise, and
– collaborate on ideas for increasing process capabilities among their clients
ActionMap adds value to this network in the following ways:
– Provide, maintain and add to the software and the support and training materials
– Offer software subscriptions
– with discounts for early adopters.
– Provide training to consultants in the network
– Starting with the free, online self-training to learn the software mechanics in about an hour, with suggestions for follow-on confidence-building practice exercises
– Including a fixed price Training and Coaching Package (see below)
– Conduct initial client workshops with network members to accelerate training and use with the method
– Provide and support an online community around the software and its uses
– Create and deploy marketing materials to grow the network and attract small business clients to the network’s services
Consultants and Management Coaches
ActionMap Revenue Accelerator
Training and Coaching Package
for creating Client and Consultant Value
using the ActionMap Toolkit SaaS application
■ Consultant / Coach has confidence to:
■ See how to apply the application to different client situations
■ Communicate the value of ActionMap workshops to clients
■ Use the application effectively in online meetings with client groups
Deliverables and Curriculum Overview
■ 1-year software subscription
■ Free online startup self-training (solo by the Consultant, about an hour)
■ Online Training/Coaching Session 1
■ 1 and 1/2 hours of online interactive training on using the ActionMap Toolkit software application, covering:
■ Mechanics: Q&A on software operations, based on the self-training
■ Facilitation: practice using the software in meetings; simulated meeting facilitation
■ Solo practice by the Consultant (between Sessions 1 and 2)
■ Online Training/Coaching Session 2
■ 1 and 1/2 hours of online training and coaching, covering:
■ Application: how to apply the Toolkit in different situations, using your current consulting opportunities
■ Client engagement: how to present the value of using the software to clients
■ Ongoing free Q&A support and community forum at the ActionMap support site
Early Mover Discount
(includes $98 annual subscription)
■ Payment Schedule
■ $78 for the annual subscription (with $20 discount coupon)
■ $150 for Online Session 1
■ $150 for Online Session 2
It starts with a demonstration
After conducting 100+ workshops,
we have found that people often do not understand ActionMap until they see a demo, at which point they get it right away (and can quickly decide whether of not it is of value to them).
To see a demonstration of ActionMap focused on a topic of interest to you now, please click on:
More about ActionMap
More details about ActionMap can be found at these links:
The value to your small business clients:
Free training in how to get started with the ActionMap method
If you are interested…
If you are interested learning more about this opportunity to:
– add these services and capabilities to your consulting practice, and
– work with us in developing this network
please sign up for an initial 30-minute conversation at the link below. If you have 45 minutes or an hour, we can get into more detail.
Jim Johnson, ActionMap co-founder and principal consultant, brings over 30 years of experience to accelerating process change in business and technology, along with hundreds of experiences in leading high energy group meetings.